Follow the links in each section for detailed information about the admissions process and requirements.
Apply Today! Applications for the Autumn 2024 admission cycle are now open:
- MPH in Public Health Genetics - August 17, 2023
- MS in Genetic Epidemiology - September 1, 2023
- PhD in Public Health Genetics - September 1, 2023
The application deadline is January 19, 2024 for all three IPHG degrees.
All applicants to an IPHG graduate program must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree* or higher in any discipline
- Prerequisite Coursework
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
* In order to be eligible to apply for autumn quarter, applicants must have earned their bachelor’s degree by the end of that summer. Applicants do not need to have earned their bachelor’s degree prior to applying for the program.
Review the Eligibility Requirements page for details and additional information
Prerequisite Coursework Requirements
The following introductory coursework and/or basic training is expected for applicants to the MPH, MS or PhD degrees:
- Basic Statistics/Biostatistics
Application and Materials
The MPH uses a different application process than the MS and PhD. Follow the applicable link below for information and instructions about the requirements for each.